Market Pulse Q3 2020

IBBA Q3 2020-MarketPulse


Pandemic-Proof Businesses in Demand

The latest data from the Market Pulse survey of business brokers and M&A advisors suggests that pandemic resistant businesses are in demand. Advisors completed 301 transactions in Q3, a 71% increase over Q2 2020 and a 43% increase year-over-year.

Advisors report that 25% of the businesses they represent have either benefited from the pandemic or remain unaffected in Q3. Another 34% are back to operating at full capacity. Together, that means 59% of businesses on the market have distinguished themselves as relatively pandemic-proof.